Saturday 26 November 2011

Another Great Exercise Day !

Last night I stopped and chatted to my folks on my way home from work and then came home and I went for a run while A cycled with me.  I couldn't believe it - I did a 4.88km at an average pace of 6'29"/km.  How did I manage to do that ?  It was only on 7th November that I was bemoaning the fact that I couldn't seem to break the 7'/km - now I am breaking 6'30"/km !!!!  How did that happen ?  Maybe the regular exercise that I am doing ?

Got home from that and hopped on the bike and did a quick 12km ride - landed up doing that a little slower than normal 19.57kph but that is OK - I was so happy at breaking my running time, I gave me legs a bit of a rest during the ride.

We landed up watching Kung Fu Panda 2 and Transformer 3 (I think that was which one it was) - didn't particularly enjoy either of them but I did manage to get my blanket finished and have started a scarf with the leftover yarn that I have.  Hopefully that will be finished soon so that I can get started on my next blanket.

This morning we went to look at more bloody taps - hopefully we have found the ones we want - and then I caught up with a friend whom I haven't seen for ages which was just great - we talked and talked and talked.  Then I went to KMart to see if I could find some running tops.  I had bought two ($10) tops recently and A wanted to buy me more but I said no because I have heaps of T-shirts that I can run in.  The other night I ran in a T-shirt rather than one of these tops - man it was awful !!!!  So I went to see if I could find any more and I managed to get another 2 so that should last and give me enough so that I don't have to wash every day.

My sister has given me some great info about training and rest days so I am going to have a look at changing the days I train and rest to take advantage of her knowledge.  Well, I say I am going to change the days I train but right now I may not be training if I can't get my knee sorted out - it is doing the dodgy on me and I am extremely unhappy about it.  Last night when I was running, I walked so that I could blow my nose - my left knee was so sore while I walked but then when I was running, it was fine - very strange.  It was fine on the cycle.  I iced it during the evening when we were watching TV.  I have it iced now as I am sitting here typing this because when I was walking around the centre it was starting to get painful.  I don't want to have to try to explain what it is to anyone because I don't really know how to describe it - will see how I go tomorrow and then see if I can get an appointment with the osteo on Monday.

This is pretty much what my leg looks like except
it is on an ottoman and not up on a table.


K is baby sitting today - not sure when she will be home.  A is off on a brewery tour - not sure what state he will be in when he gets home !!!  I am having a wonderful 'me' day today - and I am loving it !!!!

We have had a couple of responses for the street BBQ and drinks so looks like it will be a go - I have got my bottle of Amarula chilled and waiting - I am going to make the most of the evening !!!!!

Have the best weekend ever !

Love, hugs and positive energy !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...