Friday 2 December 2011

Let the Renovations Begin !

Today I got to work just after 6am as I need to leave a little early today.  I have to pick up tapware and basins because tonight it all begins (well apart from the bit that A began on Tuesday night and then received a stern talking to for changing our arrangements !!!).  Move out the old vanity, pull the shower out, cut the wall tiles out, jackhammer the floor tiles up ready for the plumber to fit the mixers over the weekend so the reno guy can start on Monday.

In between all of that I have to get my knee x-rayed (still can't decide on whether there should be an 'e' in there or not - probably should look it up in case I have to use it again if I don't get it done today !!!) and try to get my eccentric loading done.  Oh yes, and keep the house all quiet for a hour between 9-10 tomorrow morning as I have a client booked in !

Have you got anything exciting planned for the weekend ?

Have a FANTASTIC Friday and an even better weekend !

Love, hugs and positive energy.

TFTD : Success is largely a matter of holding on after others have let go - Zig Ziglar

7 comments:

  1. Nothing anywhere near as exciting as you are planning. Remember our bathroom reno 2 years ago - the builder did it all. You two are very brave. Hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho wexciting. I can't wait to hear how it turns out. make sure you take before and after pics :) I love a good reno xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Julie - I don't think we are so much brave as trying to save pennies !!!!

    IT has taken us about 3 hrs to get the vanity out (man that was a mission) and now Al is busy taking the tiles out the shower. Then it is onto the floor tiles - I spend more time trying to hold the door closed so that the dust stays in the bathroom !!!!

    Sonia, will definitely post pics once it is done. Have taken some before (although not before Al had started on the floor tiles last Tuesday night). Some more during and can't wait for it all to be finished - which is a little hard given we are only about 4 hrs into the project !!!

    Have a great weekend ! Love, hugs and positive energy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If my scales were moved I would definitely be freaking out. I'm like you and have to weigh-in every morning. I used to stress about it until I was watching The Biggest Loser one night and the guest Doctor said that if you are trying to lose weight "you should weigh yourself everyday". I felt a lot better then.

    Good luck with the bathroom, they are hard work.

    Sorry about your knee, they are such awful injuries. The only things I can think of exercise wise that may not irritate too much is the pool - freestlye just using your arms and it will give you some really nice shoulders too or maybe the swiss / fit ball if you have one. I got one from Big W for $15 dollars and it is just as good as the $70 ones from Rebel Sport and you can find some workouts / exercises for it on you tube xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for that Jane - I might have to give the swimming a try but I am really not a fan of the water !! I have got a fit ball though so will try some exercises on there - we do use it at training twice a week so will do the same sort of exercises at home on it.

    WOW good to know that a dr recommended weighing every day - most people I talk to tell me I am nuts but I really feel that it is something that I need to do - I don't base my day on the numbers that it shows me - I just like to know !!!

    Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - another weight loss / renos / knee problems - a lot can certainly happen in a week!!!! I hope the knee get better and the x-ray (with an e for x-rayed for sure) turns out ok!! You will have to post before and afters of the bathroom. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sammy for confirming there should be an 'e' !!!! Think I will need to ask my folks to pick up my x-rays as I won't have time this week - hopefully it is all OK. The osteo this morning was really happy with the improvement since last week so that is good. Hope you see the before and during photos - there will definitely be after photos once it is finished !!!

    Have a great evening !

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...