Sunday 11 December 2011

Wonderful Weekend !

I think I am going to do this in point form because there are too many things to put it all in a post without taking up an hour of your time to read through it all !
  • Weather was fantastic for street party on Friday night - no rain until the last person was leaving when it started to spit a little.
  • Met some fantastic people who live in our street.
  • EVERYONE thoroughly enjoyed the night and most want to do it at least 3-4 times a year (wonder who will organise the next one ?)
  • I drank a whole bottle of Amarula which is pretty much my drinking for the year done in one night - best of all no hangover yesterday morning !
  • Had to make an emergency call to my folks to take K to work on Saturday morning as I think A and I would have still been over the limit if we were breathalized !!!!
  • A and K were EXTREMELY patient trying to find me something to wear to A's Christmas party on Saturday night but we got there in the end - YAY !!!
  • Q1 Skypoint is amazing if you can open your eyes while you are up there.  I couldn't open my eyes and I don't do heights AT ALL.
  • A closed eyes, white knuckle ride up 77 floors in the lift lasting 42.7secs was 42.7secs too long for my liking.
  • Sat on the chair closest to the middle wall - couldn't look at anyone because if I did I could see out the windows.
  • Eventually had to go to the loo - didn't make it - burst into tears and the security guy came to see if we wanted an ambulance !!!!!
  • Decided it might be a good idea to go to my Christmas party at Indooroopilly - over an hour away so left A's party and drove up to mine.
  • Got there to find we had missed the excitement of fisty cuff fights, people being thrown out the venue and the police being called BUT it was good to spend just over an hour there with my work friends.
  • Loved the compliments from friends who hadn't realised just how much weight I had lost - it felt good !
  • Spent today working my way through the 6 feet of washing lining my laundry floor.
  • Everything up to date for a new working week starting tomorrow with taking my car in for a service which I already know is going to cost a fortune because the crankshaft sensor for the computer has gone and costs about $300 to be replaced before they do anything else !  Just what I need the week before Christmas.
  • No exercise because my knee is still bloody worrying me.  How long do I have to rest this before it is right ?  How long can I last before I am driven totally insane by not being able to run ?
  • My food has been as good as it could have been given where we have been, what we have done and how I have been feeling - whatever my weight is tomorrow, it is, and I will deal with it.  Back on the L&E wagon - ready to get whatever crept on this weekend off again.
Have the best week ever !

Love, hugs and positive energy.

TFTD : People who love and believe in you do not need to be convinced and people who do not love or believe in you are not worth trying to convince.

2 comments:

  1. I really feel for you not being able to run at the moment. It's different when it's your choice, but when it's forced on you is when it becomes just so frustrating. Hopefully your knee will heal quickly so you can get back into your running.

    What about water running?? You wouldn't even have to put your face near the water, just walk / jog up and down the pool. I've seen quite a few people doing this where I have been swimming lately.

    Sending hugs your way xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad the weather held out for your street party :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...