Friday 24 February 2012

Where I Am Now

As those of you who have been following me for a while will know that I have weight issues - in reality and in my head.  No matter what I weigh, I generally feel like I am too heavy.  In the past I have always worked on losing weight without strengthening myself. 

Last year, K and I started working with a personal trainer who lives two doors down from us - it has been great. I cannot believe how much stronger I am now (physically) than I used to be.  But, this has not helped my weight loss much - in fact, while I have lost cms since I started, I haven't lost as many as I think I should have.

Last year, as a family, we did Lite 'n Easy and we lost a lot of weight between us.  I lost just over 25kgs and I was really pleased with how things were going.  But I got slack and I put about 15kgs back on before I got into the right head space to start pulling things back again.  I have since lost between 8-9kgs depending on the day of the week and that is where I seem to have got stuck.  No matter how good my eating was coupled with the fact that I was exercising (not just walking) for 1-1.5hrs per day 6 days per week - the weight just won't shift.  It is a cause of great frustration for me.  While I understand that my weight doesn't define who I am - it is a major part of my life.  Not because my husband doesn't love me if I am heavy or not - in fact he really couldn't care less how much I weigh - he just wants me to be happy.  I know that losing weight doesn't make my problems go away, it doesn't mean I will have more money, it doesn't mean everything will be hunky dory - it just means that I will be thinner when I am dealing with said issues.

I have been talking to my naturopath and doctor and they have both indicated that they thought the pill might be the reason for the stagnation of my weight loss so I have come off the pill.  The doctor also suggested a really strict diet.  I have researched this and still need to discuss it with A but from what I can see, if I can stick it out for the really restrictive time frame of 3 weeks, it could be just what I need to kick start the weight loss of these last pesky kilos that I can't shift.  The maintenance period is what I am really interested in doing because that is where I will find out whether it is the sugar/carbs or the fats which are what my body doesn't like dealing with and which are causing the weight to stay put.  If I do follow this eating plan for the three weeks, the whole process is going to be a really big learning curve for me.  Part of me is excited about the prospect of being able to shed these kilos quickly and part of me is nervous about the restrictive eating plan that I need to follow - but then I think - it is only 3 weeks - in the greater scheme of things, it isn't a long time and, if I put my mind to it, THERE IS NO REASON WHY I CAN'T DO IT.

The weather today is doing it's best to dampen my spirits and I am trying very hard not to let it - because I believe my TFTD from yesterday !!!

With A still working in Coffs and K rostered to work all weekend - I will have some time to myself on Sunday. I have some clients booked in tomorrow morning and then a catch up planned with a really good friend in the afternoon. Maybe K and I will go to the Suns game in the evening depending on the weather. Then Sunday is going to be a ME day along with catching up on the washing for the week but that will be OK to do - it isn't that hard !!!

I hope you all have a great weekend.

TFTD : Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did or not - Oprah Winfrey

5 comments:

  1. you're right!! there is NO reason you can't do it and 3 weeks is not very long at all in the grand scheme of things! my mum has just started L&E, her problem is emotional eating, late at night! I hope she's just sticking to what's in the box!

    Losing weight may not help every aspect of your life, then again it may. When we feel good about ourselves, we put good out and get good in return. And even if it doesn't help other areas, at least we feel good about OURSELVES while going through the rest. I'd wish you luck, but you don't need it. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aroha. I used to really enjoy L&E but have been really disappointed recently with the quality of the food they have sent. it isn't cheap and I object to having to throw away fruit and salad because it is off.

    I have complained to them on a few occasions but they really don't give a rats butt because, up until now they have had a monopoly. My naturopath told me about a company n the GC that offers better qualit food for similar costs - My Fit Fridge - their food looks great on their website and the pricing didn't loo to bad. If I do the drastically restricted diet, I am going to go to them. If I don't do the restricted diet, will swop to them a the end of this L&E week.

    The idea is excellent and certainly helps when I am tring to exercise and see clients and make sure we have healthy food to eat - just sick of their crappy attitude to their customers.

    Have a great weekend !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you I really do - I went through a long time where if i even looked at a burger I put on a kilo, and when i tried my blinking hardest the most i would ever lose is 100g per week!! I was put on Optislim for two weeks to rule out a few medical conditions - and while it was hard, it was so much easier knowing it wasn't forever, and two weeks can go really fast!!
    My Fit Fridge sounds like a great company - it is also so excellent that you have a good support network around you including your natropath, doctor and family - that is invaluable!
    as Aroha said, we could wish you all the luck in the world, but you don't need it - we will be reading all about your successes before you know it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure everyone's giving you advice buy my husband needed to lose about 20kgs. A naturopath suggested he go gluten and dairy free plus do some exercise daily. Well with no dairy and no wheat in the house he was eating a lot more fruit and vegetables and he started doing a morning swim at the beach and he's now lost 10kgs but still has more to go. I just thought I'd mention it but you've probably had more than enough advice and I'm sure you're frustrated with the whole battle. But...you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your weight loss journey. Sometimes you just need to do something a bit more drastic to shock your body out of it's plataue and into loss mode again. I am in a similar situation, I suppose. I lost 26kgs in the two years after my youngest was born. Then it all went to crap and I gained back 10kgs. Now I am pretty much sitting here, needing to lose another 20-25kgs and I have this mental block that is stopping me from getting there. Physically I know I am capable of doing it again, but lately I am the queen of self-sabaotage and getting my head in the game, and out of the fridge, is proving difficult. I need something to shake up my thinking to get focused, but so far it hasn't come. I will get there though. We both will.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...