Tuesday 24 April 2012

Getting Back Into My Groove

Well that title may be a little pre-emptive but no point in not being positive about how I am going !

I think that because A is still not home I am keen to get out the house and do something.  When he left two weeks ago, the plan was that they would be home yesterday.  No such luck - they are HOPING to be home by Friday !!!!!  Jeez, as much as I enjoy spending time with K and doing things with her, I miss him so much and can't wait for him to get home again. 

I have really enjoyed the runs that I have had since Sunday.  I still need to work on my breathing because I am nowhere near as good at that as I was before my knee injury.  I can feel when my breathing is going well how much better I run so I am making that a priority when I run - concentrate on my breathing and let my legs take care of themselves !

I have recently bought a couple more pairs of pants, a couple more sports bras, another (really good bargain) running top and think that the only thing that I may need to look at getting are some socks - I can't make up my mind if my socks feel comfortable or not.  I have a couple of pairs that I use - sometimes the thinner socks work but sometimes my feet feel like they could do with just a little more cushioning - maybe it has to do with the distance that I am running.  I don't know but I am going to start making a note of how my feet feel in the socks I am wearing and the distance that I am running and take it from there.

Tomorrow I plan to run to my folks who live (I think) about 5km away from us - not sure exactly but am guessing that is about how far it is.  When I get there, hopefully they will be there, because I am going to see if they will drop me back at home as I won't be able to run home again after that (not yet anyway - give me a couple more weeks months and I am sure I will be able to run there - see them and run home again - just not yet !!!).

When I get home I am going to get these bloody tax returns finished.  I started them on Easter Friday but was missing stuff and so just gave up.  Now that I have managed to locate everything I need, I just have to bloody well do them.  The incentive for me is that I have said I can read for the rest of the day - ONCE THEY ARE DONE !!!!  And, my book is getting really interesting so a good incentive I hope.

My trainer was really good tonight - worked me quite hard - especially picked on my form which is always good because otherwise sometimes I think I just slack off a little.  He commented on how much smaller I looked which was nice because I didn't think that I was any smaller than the last time I saw him over 10 days ago.

To those people who read this in Australia or New Zealand, I hope you have a wonderful Anzac Day tomorrow - I won't be going to any services but I will give thanks for the wonderful people in the armed forces who protect this fantastic country that I live in.

TFTD : Stop trying to fit in when you were born to stand out.

11 comments:

  1. When I used to run I wore grey and white socks fromAthletes Foot. Actually I am still wearing them now. They are soft and cushiony and are the only socks I have worn for exercise for yonks.
    Have a wonderful run tomorrow and I hope A gets home on Friday - in time for a lovely weekend catchup.
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info re the socks. I got my shoes from Athlete's Foot so I will pop in and see what socks they have.
      Will let you know how my run goes tomorrow - looking forward to it.
      Have a great Anzac Day and talk to you soon !
      Me

      Delete
  2. i need new running bras!!! i have bought 2 and cannot stand either of them. any recomendations?
    i wear thin socks. i need some new socks though now that i think of it.. and running pants. lol
    good deal on the compliment! that's great motivation!
    have a great day :)
    xo tracie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with finding a bra that suits - it does make such a difference !

      Have a great day tomorrow !
      Me

      Delete
  3. I'm not a runner, I am always in awe of those who can do it. Breathing is my problem, I just can't manage to do it right (I can't swim great lengths either for the same reason). I'm a great walker though, can walk for miles!

    I view my uni reading like you view those tax returns... I've just got to force myself to read two more chapters and then I can go back to my novel! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa - my breathing isn't that great - definitely not as good as it was before I injured my knee but I am working on it. I can't swim great lengths because I hate water on my face !!!! K laughs at me so much whenever I am in the pool ! I also love walking and, when I am not running, Al and I walk quite a lot. Because he can't run (old knee injury) I generally run and he cycles with me and then when we get home I either get on the bike and we both cycle somewhere or else we get the dogs and take them for a walk.

      Finally - the tax returns are done !!! YAY, I can go and read and watch the Anzac Day AFL game ! Hope you managed to get your uni reading done !

      Love, hugs and positive energy !
      Me

      Delete
  4. geeee wish I could run, but no matter how I try I can't. I can do a little BUT because I walk on my heels, I run that way too, heel then toes....very hard on the feet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that it is great that you do all the walking that you do. For years I never thought I could run - have absolutely no idea why but I always just felt I couldn't (or maybe I was just too lazy !!!). Then last year I was walking one day and thought 'I wonder if I could run between lamp posts - and that was how it started.

      Running heel toe would be really difficult !!! Keep up with your walking.

      Have a great day and thanks for stopping by ! Enjoy what is left of your Anzac Day.

      Me

      Delete
  5. Oh My that is going to be me one day I want to run. I want I want. One day I am going to do it!!! Thank you for such a positive post. Thank you for your comment and I have missed ya my friend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy. For sure one day you will be running - I can't wait to read about it in your blog !!!!

      I've missed you too - so glad you are back !

      Love, hugs and positive energy !
      Me

      Delete
    2. Thanks Mandy. For sure one day you will be running - I can't wait to read about it in your blog !!!!

      I've missed you too - so glad you are back !

      Love, hugs and positive energy !
      Me

      Delete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...