Thursday 30 August 2012

Thankful Thursday


OK - no need to fall over - getting my Thankful Thursday post written a little ahead of time and ready to post !!! Linking up with Kate from katesaysstuff.

I have so much to be thankful for, so here goes with my list for this week :

- a wonderful two weeks on holiday in NZ

- the fantastic time to reconnect with A

- safe driving over nearly 4,000kms of winding roads

- the support and encouragement of my most special on-line friends now that I am trying to get back into exercising and eating correctly - no judgement, no negativity - just support and encouragement

- that even though I had things on after work yesterday, I got home, got changed and went walking - and I felt so good for having done that.  Yes my pace was way off what it was when I was running - but hey, this time I was walking !  Then I looked back to when I first got Runkeeper - I walked 4.48km in 41:58min at a pace of 9:22/km.  (That was on 8th April 12)  Last night I walked 5.17km in 45:56min at a pace of 8:53/km.  So all in all I am very happy with that.

- reading this quote "Feel the fear and do it anyway" and realising that it absolutely applied to me, so yesterday morning I adopted it as my mantra until I get past these (totally unfounded but there nonetheless) fears ! (Please remind me of this if you see these fears appearing in the cracks)

- a lovely meal made by K last night (Damn fine idea of mine getting her to decide, shop and cook one dinner a week - may have to make it twice a week soon !!!)

- my new Fit Journal that I am going to start using once I have discussed goals with A - he tends to be more realistic than me in this area !!!

- the opportunity to catch up with a fellow blogger on Sunday morning.

- that Kate continues to run TT even though there is so much happening in her own life that is time consuming for her.

Link up with Kate from katesaysstuff and share what you are thankful for this week.

Have the best Thursday ever !

TFTD : If you don't take care of yourself, then you can't take as good care of others either, so taking care of yourself is the best selfish thing to do.
(This is so true and so applicable to me.  It is the reason I don't feel guilty about doing some of the things that I do that appear to be self indulgent and selfish !  I learned many years ago that if I look after myself first, I can be a better wife, mom, daughter, work colleague and friend)


23 comments:

  1. Love this!! I was so proud that you got out there last night for a massive walk - and i love that you compared apples to apples and could still see an improvement, even in your walking! what a great measure of how far you have come xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyndal - I realised that I need to just accept and be realistic about what I can achieve / accomplish.
      Looking forward to improving each week.
      Have the best Friday.
      Me

      Delete
  2. I love that quote, and I'm adopting it too! I'm both excited and terrified of our holiday to NZ. I can't wait to catch up and hear all about your holiday and get some tips, especially on navigating those windy roads! I'm least looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great quote isn't it. I am really trying to be mindful of it when I feel the fear creeping up in my chest. This is not how I am used to feeling so having the mantra in my head is a big help.
      Hopefully A can give you some tips on the roads as I didn't drive at all this trip - in fact I didn't even put my name on as a driver (which was kinda dumb but I wasn't thinking at nearly midnight when we were picking up the car !!!!)
      Have the best Friday and well done on your exercise this morning - good for you !
      Me

      Delete
  3. Amen to all of that...and more. We convinced Miss 15 to cook dinner once a week ages ago...two times on occasions that we are too busy with appointment schedules. ;) Love and smiles for an amazing day! xxXOoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmen - she realises that it is good for her to learn even when she is complaining about having to do it !!!! Just thought - maybe I should complain every time I make dinner and see how she likes that !
      HAve the best Friday and looking forward to catching up with you on Saturday !
      Me

      Delete
  4. Oh I love everything about this post, it's so positive and joyful. Most of all I love that quote: "Feel the fear and do it anyway"! This is so, so fitting xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you !!!! I am trying really hard to get back to being as motivated as I was before I ran the GC 10kms - funny how long it takes to get fit and how quickly you lose the fitness when you stop !!
      HAve a great Friday !
      Me

      Delete
  5. Might get my DD to cook one meal a week for me too...love that idea :-)

    Have a happy day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many things to be thankful for. Also the fact that it is Thursday and tomorrow is Friday and I can say - I made it. Woohoo.
      Getting out in the fresh air does amazing things for us doesnt it. Great pace by the way. Snails are passing me at the moment.
      Have a great weekend!
      xxx

      Delete
    2. It works so well here Jen - gives me a break (mind you having just started L&E again, the two of them are going to be sorting out dinner for themselves more as I will be exercising !!!!!
      HAve the best Friday.
      Me

      Delete
  6. You're making me feel really slack here! I recently cancelled my gym membership so that I could spend more time visiting local cafes and blogging about them.
    Shame Mumabulous Shame.
    Seriously - good job with the exercise. The way it makes you feel is so worth the effort.
    Love
    Mumabulous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - please don't let my one attempt at walking make you feel bad. As I don't drink tea or coffee visiting local cafes really doesn't do anything for me !!!
      Yes, it is definitely about how the exercise makes me feel that gives me the oomph that I am sadly lacking at times to get out there and do it !
      Have the best Friday !
      Me

      Delete
  7. I am feeling energised after reading this post! Love the mantra!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it is a really powerful mantra isn't it and, thankfully one that is helping me overcome the fear and anxiety that I have been feeling as a result of menopause.
      Have a great Friday !
      Me

      Delete
  8. I love your list of thankful. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Francesca - it is good to sit down and think about what we can be thankful for when there are so many times when all that we think about it how bad things are and forget the wonderful things in our lives.
      Have a great Friday !
      Me

      Delete
  9. what a wonderful list of things to be thankful for. So glad you had a brilliant time on holidays with A. With all the time you guys have spent apart with his work, you so deserved some special magical time together xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonia - I wonder if that is what made it so much more special - never thought about it from that point of view. We just both really enjoyed the time together without K wanting to do something different or moaning about what we had planned for the day !!!!!
      Have a great day !
      Me

      Delete
  10. Great list- always wanted to visit New Zealand- only ever spent one stopover night in Auckland. The BOWLS of coffee a the cafe in the morning I have never forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is worth a visit - if not at least 2-3 visits !!!! A loved some of the coffee and some wasn't that great. They certainly did have some huge mugs of coffee to choose if you so desired.
      Have the best Friday !
      Me

      Delete
  11. Oh your back from your trip! Welcome home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I can't believe that we have been home just over a week already - where does the time to go ?????
      HAve the best day ever !
      Me

      Delete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...