Thursday 6 June 2013

Thankful Thursday

YAY - it's Thursday which means Thankful Thursday linky with Francesca from Francesca Writes Here.  Yesterday I spent a fair bit of time thinking about what I was thankful for and I came up with ............................. nothing !  Not that I am not thankful for stuff, but just that I don't want to keep posting week after week the same 'stuff' !!!!

Francesca kindly reminded me that I was thankful that there is only 1 more sleep until A gets back instead of the 8 that I had last week (which technically means this isn't the same 'stuff') but I wanted something just a little different.  So here goes (and, even as I am typing this I am not sure what is going to follow here ...........)

- I am thankful for looking after myself and taking on board everyone's comments about going for a massage (here).  I know that the universe works to give us what we need - and this is how it worked out for me.  As a result of finding a massage therapist in the yellow pages, who did a fantastic job at massaging me (I find it very difficult to get a good massage because I have such high standards for myself and I expect others to have the same), after a bit of a chat, she told me about a naturopath she had been to see.  I thought that it was worth going to see her to see if there was anything she could do to help me and I went to see her yesterday.  What a lovely lady.  She said that the medication and supplements I was on were great and just topped it up with some homeopathic medication.  She suggested another two supplements but recommended I get them from Giant Chemist as they were cheaper than what she could sell them to me for !!!!

- I am thankful for the one-on-one time that I get to spend with K while A is away - it truly has been magical in some strange ways.

- I am thankful for the cheap, good quality yarn that my folks keep finding for me to buy so that I can keep on with my project of crocheting baby blankets.  To be honest, I don't even know which project I am supporting anymore - I crochet them and give them to my folks and they drop them off with someone.  I am presuming that there are babies somewhere who are warmer because of the blankets I have made.

- I am thankful that it is getting cooler in the mornings and evenings and somehow my hot flushes and night sweats seem to have calmed down a little (or maybe the medicine is working and keeping them under control) - whichever it is I am happy that I only have to change pj's three or four times a week instead of three or four times a night !!  (Yes, I just have a pile of vests next to my bed and when one gets wet, I take it off and pull another one on.)

- I am soooooooooooooo thankful that it is a long weekend this weekend - WOOO-BLOODY-HOOOOOOO - how cool is that going to be ?  A gets home tomorrow afternoon/evening and we get to spend three days together !!!!!!!!!!!!  Gotta love celebrating the Queen's birthday !

- I am not thankful that there was something that I thought was a really good thing to be thankful for but now I have forgotten what it was !!!

I know that we all have stuff that we are thankful for - what are you thankful for today ?

Have the best week !

TFTD : Have faith in your lifelong journey. No matter how stressful, everything had to happen exactly as it did to get you to where you're going.



8 comments:

  1. I always wish this long weekend was in uly to space them out a little bit but this year I am glad it is this weekend!! Enjoy your long weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you about spacing them out but it works out so well with A being home this week that I don't mind that they aren't as spaced out as they could be !!!
      Have a great day !
      Me

      Delete
  2. Isn't it great when you find a great masseuse and naturopath! I've been trying to track down my old naturopath with little success.

    I'm thankful for the wonderful playgroup I've found, just came home from another morning and it's just great.

    Eva
    www.themultitaskingmummy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely ! So glad to hear you had a nother great playgroup !
      Enjoy your afternoon !
      Me

      Delete
  3. That naturopath sounds amazing - it's great to come across genuine, helpful people like that!

    You came up with some great stuff :-)

    Hope you have a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Francesca - you too !!!!
      Have the best day !
      Me

      Delete
  4. I have to say I am thankful that it's a long weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hanging out for it to start !!!
      Have the best day !
      Me

      Delete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...